The barbell squats is strength training leg and buttocks exercise.
If performed correctly it can be the best lower body exercise because it
works almost all the muscles.
It’s also the best exercise to develop the buttocks. If you’re a beginners
you can start with just using your body weight.
Primary Muscles: Quadriceps, Buttocks.
Secondary Muscles: Hamstrings, adductors, errector spinae and abs
What you need: A barbell
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and feet pointing straight
- Hold a barbell above shoulders behind neck.
- Position your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart with elbows
- Draw your belly button in.
- Lower down into a squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly return back to standing squeezing your buttocks and repeat.