The standing ez-bar or barbell curls is a strength training bicep exercise that
can be done for beginner to advanced workouts.
Remember to keep your belly button drawn in throughout the exercise.
Primary Muscles: Biceps
Secondary Muscles: No secondary muscles are working. This is an isolated exercise where only the biceps are working. Varying the grip and place more emphasis on the short or long head of the biceps muscles (see below).
What you need: A barbell.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and feet pointing straight ahead.
- Hold a barbell or ez-bar with an underhand grip about shoulder width
- Draw belly button in.
- Keep your back and torso straight
- Curl arms up slowly and make sure to keep your back and torso stabel.
- Slowly lower and repeat.
- You can vary the grip by placing them wider to work the short head of
the biceps muscles or closer together to work the long head of the biceps