Standing calf raise is a strength training calf exercise that develops the calves
Depending on the anatomy of your muscles you may only be able to develop
strength and not bulk in the calves.
Longer muscles can develop bulk better than short ones.
Primary Muscles: Calves (Gastrocnemius, Soleus)
What you need: A Dumbbell and a stable platform such as stairs.
- Stand with one foot on the platform and hold a dumbbell in one hand.
- Use opposite hand to support yourself by holding onto a wall or object.
- Draw your belly button in.
- Rise up on the toes completely flexing your toes.
- Keep your knees straight throughout the movement.
- Slowly lower down to where the heal of your foot is slightly lower than
the platform and repeat.