Stiff legged deadlifts is a strength training exercise that works the back,
buttocks and hamstrings.
Heavier weights work the buttocks more and lighter weights stretch the hamstrings
more. This exercise also strengthens the muscles on both sides of the spinal
Primary Muscles: Buttocks, Hamstrings, Erector Spinae
What you need: A barbell
- Stand with your feet apart and barbell placed in front of your feet.
- Feet should be pointing straight ahead.
- Draw your belly button in.
- Bend down towards the ground by bending at the waist and keep the legs
as straight as possible.
- Grab the barbell with an overhand grip and slowly rise up keeping the
bar close to your body.
- Make sure to keep your belly drawn in, and back slightly arched.
- Slowly return back down by bending at the waist but don’t place the bar
back on the ground. Repeat until all reps are completed.